Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another FB List: 15 books, 15 minutes

I don't know who John Wilmot is, but I included his note because the books I list also may not necessarily be favorites. I am going to stick with 15 in 15 though. But no tagging...consider yourself tagged if you want to be. Ready, begin...

Copied from Choten: >>>Yay. Another list. Here's the concept:

"Don't take too long to think about it. List 15 books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag 15 friends, including me. If you don't want to play, no sweat."

And, copied from John Wilmot: "I just wrote as many books as I could think of in fifteen minutes that were enjoyable, memorable, or influential for me. (And of course, I've thought of several more already that would have been better additions to the list.) They're not all favorites, and they're certainly not all great, but they've stuck with me for some reason. In the unlikely event that you wonder why, we could discuss it over a drink some time."<<<

  1. The Bible (The B - I - B - L - E ....yes that's the book for me. I stand all along on the word of god, the B - I - B - L - E...)
  2. Heidi (duh)
  3. Folk and Fairy Tales (part of a set in our attic when I was a kid, don't remember what that set was called, but there were two or three volumes I read over and over when I was out of other books to read. Another was Myths and Legends, another about famous explorers, etc. and that may not be the exact title, sorry)
  4. Zen Mind Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki
  5. Being Peace
    by Thich Nhat Hanh
  6. The Odyssey
  7. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
  8. The Golden Compass (the whole Dark Materials series, actually)
  9. The Scarlet Letter
  10. A Midsummer Night's Dream
  11. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  12. Moby Dick
  13. Huckleberry Finn
  14. Zen Roots by Kyogen Carlson
  15. Their Eyes Were Watching God

No comments: