Saturday, October 14, 2006

Horse Parking

I first saw one of these in August. About 4 blocks up the street there's a toy horse tied to a ring embedded in the curb, meant to tie horses in the early 1900s.

IMG_0192

Yesterday as I walked to the chichi bakery that landed in my neighborhood (goodbye sportsbars, hello swank restaurants) I found the horse still there, but someone has been taking care of it.

10-13-06_1712.jpg

(I sent that from my cell phone to my flickr account. Did you know you could do that?)

That evening, I find out from Steve there was an article about it, and he'd been seeing them since around April. (pause while I look for it) I'd wondered if it was just one person doing that or if the idea was spreading and a bunch of people doing it, a meme. Steve thought it was just one person buying up toy horses at Goodwill and parking them around town.

Article here. Website here. Typical of me. I take a while and have to catch up.

No comments: