Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thanks on Thursday

Of course I am grateful that Barack Obama won the presidency. May he be safe and healthy and lead us and the world into a just and liberated age.

Tears of joy and gratitude hit me when I saw this:



What a jubilant crowd, what a place to be at that moment. I am grateful for feministing.com. Thanks to them, I know that even in Texas, 52% of women voted for Obama. See more here.

I am also grateful for the fall colors. While the weather that gave us such vivid reds and yellows is the same weather that has created prime allergy conditions for me, I still love the fall leaves. I can't recall more vivid colors in my life.

yellow leaves

red leaves

Some of those red trees have looked like otherworldly fire...especially at times of low sun, morning or evening.

No comments: