Saturday, January 10, 2009

What I Did Yesterday

I had an apple. These apples are from the Kiyokawa Family Orchards in Hood River, Oregon. They are a third generation American Japanese family.

The stickers say "Read Stubborn Twig." The apples are given as a part of MCL's Everybody Reads and Oregon Reads. Stubborn Twig: Three Generations in the Life of a Japanese American Family is about 3 generations of a Japanese American family in the Pacific Northwest as well.



I was home from work awhile when Jerry reminded Facebook friends that he and Aqila would be at Marino Cafe, where he would be playing, and she dancing. I haven't really watched belly dancing before. Certainly not so close up. By day, demure Buddhist minister assistant, by night...


sexy belly dancer...

And the way the drumbeats told her what body part to move...oh my. That vibrating jiggle that belly dancers do...whooo boy.


They are at the cafe every 2nd Friday. Then my homie and I went across the street to Sckavone's for a drink and ran into this...


Some people jammin Brazilian style. They too are there every 2nd Friday, and I believe the waitress told us every Thursday.

brazilian jam at sckavone's

No comments: