Sunday, September 03, 2006

Swami Beyondananda

So the day after I whine about GWB being a sociopath, this arrives in my inbox. Swami calls for an Up-Wising. Among other things, he says,

It's true, many people still feel that the affairs of the world should be left to the bolder and badder among us. But look what that leaves us with: Are you satisfied choosing between Saddam Hussein and George Who's-Not-Sane? Now I know those "God, guns and guts" Old Testament Christians might have forgotten, but Jesus did say that the meek shall inherit the earth. In all undue immodesty, maybe it's time for us meek folks to boldly step forth and accept our inheritance.

I guess he's saying what I was saying....but he's funny.

"Can we change the course of history? Can we shift our karma into surpassing gear? ...We don't have to wait until the first Big Shot is fired. If we create a powerful enough field, the Big Shots will end up firing themselves."

No comments: